Saturday 2 March 2013

Drawing the Line lives on . . .


Drawing the line was my first blog.  In common with many people I  write short posts on Facebook and Twitter but I wanted a forum for my writing on art and Blogger was a useful alternative to my iWeb website. 

A lot has been written about the demise of iWeb and I for one was not amused when the host stopped hosting ! Having spent a long time refining my website - it disappeared (fortunately not without warning). Consequently I had to look for another host for www.chriswoodartist.com and I chose wordpress. Over the last year I've built myself a wordpress blog and added a number of pages that showcase various strands of my practice as an artist and designer. The outcome was that Drawing the Line almost became redundant. I've since decided to rekindle the flame on Blogger and go back to my original intention which was to use this blog to discuss drawing. I'll also use this page to publicise my master classes and workshops. 

My exciting news is that on March 18th I will be running a one day workshop: [viewPOINT] contemporary approaches to LOCATION drawing and painting with www.QoEcreative.com at Stansted House, Rowlands Castle, Hampshire UK. We aim to use the Dutch Garden and the Arboretum as inspiration. The course is intended for beginners through to practicing artists and will be a great day out! We have reduced the fees to £95 for the day as it is early in the season. There is a contingency plan if the weather is less than perfect and we will be able to use The Servants Quarters of Stansted House. I was lucky enough to go on a tour of the servants quarters about a year ago and they are not only extensive but largely untouched since the halcyon days of the 1920's! Upstairs Downstairs has nothing on Stansted House with its huge kitchen and subterranean accommodation block. We have limited the numbers to give the artists lots of one to one tuition - so if you would like to book a place on the course get in quick and contact www.qoecreative.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment