Tuesday 28 December 2010

saatchionline.com

http://www.saatchionline.com/profiles/index/id/177433

I spent yesterday putting a few bits on saatchionline.com and will aim to add one good quality print per month from now on. I'm not really a printmaker but then most artists dabble with print from time to time. As a graphics graduate I feel I really should play more with the manual techniques that I learned at art college back in the early 1970's - when computers were only just appearing in art colleges and personal computers were 10 years away ! Now colleges have rows of computers and very few easels ! Print rooms are becoming a thing of the past. Dinosaurs like me try to encourage our students to produce hand made artwork but it's a losing battle - students prefer Photoshop and photography rather than drawing and print-making. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they realise the limitations of Photoshop. There has been a resurgence of interest in illustration and who knows maybe a printmaking revolution is in the air too ! I for one will be doing my bit ! Watch this space and view my profile on http://www.saatchionline.com/profiles/index/id/177433

No comments:

Post a Comment