Monday 24 August 2009

Houseboats and complaints














We were at Felixstowe this weekend and in between manic bursts of activity, wielding paint rollers, etc we found the time to nip out, catch some rays and take a few snaps at the afore mentioned haven of tranquility!

Some of us caught more than we were bargaining for and brought back a particularly virulent bug. Urgh !! Enough said about that the better.

I've included this shot for all you mud lovers out there. As it was taken at the end of the afternoon, there wasn't a vast amount of light, resulting in an image that was devoid of colour - so to make the best of a bad job, I took all the colour away ! A bit like yours truly - totally and utterly drained - I really must stop rambling on about the aftermath of the weekend.

The actual weekend was, as usual, "fun" if not a little tiring - at least my beloved car didn't complain. We left early on Sunday to avoid the party people returning home from V Fest - having been caught out last year ! Instead due to a poorly worded road sign we went the wrong way around the lovely M25 and managed to find one one the largest snarl-ups in all history - I love road works and as it was probably one of the hottest days of the year I was not overjoyed ! Still at least for quite a long way we were shaded by a convoy of aging double decker buses.

Why can't people who write road signs say what they mean ? What's the point of road signs anyway ! More on the Highways Agency later ! I have to go now - my stomach is complaining too !

No comments:

Post a Comment