Monday 26 July 2010

Studio Door Drawing & Tip of the Day !


On my studio door at today is this multi layered portait in pastels.

I took a rubber to the drawing today and cleaned up some unwanted marks and smudges.

My tip for the day is spray fixative on your drawings ASAP !

Don't do what I do - invariably I leave charcoal or pastel drawings without fixing them. I usually make at least 5 or 6 drawings each session then return home and empty my portfolio - leaving the drawings on an ever increasing pile in my studio at home, the consequence of which is that the wretched drawings imprint themselves onto the backs of each other ! Another stupid thing that I used do was drawing on both sides of the paper. If you do that & forget to fix them - its a recipe for disaster ! I used to be very precious about my labours but now I'll rattle off a drawing and the act of drawing is far more important to me than the result - at least that's my excuse for developing sloppy habits !

Belated News Years Resolution : Take better care of my doodles !





“Gerald in Orange & Blue” Pastel on cartridge

595 x 840 mm

archive 0024

signed chris n wood

No comments:

Post a Comment